SPECIAL EDITION - What Women Need- "Women on Politics"
Adanna dedicates its next print issue to What Women Need for a "Women on Politics" special edition in reflection of American culture and society looking back on the last four years and what our hopes and dreams are for the next four years to come. While we reflect on the many achievements women have made in politics and leadership we also want to address former and new obstacles. We seek a representative voice of all women, in all walks and stages of life, at all levels of leadership from motherhood to office. We seek stories, essay, and poetry that tell the story of tribulation and triumph and speak to the current political climate. Works that reflect hate rhetoric or speech will not be considered.
Reading period will be Nov. 10th - Dec. 31st
ANNUAL ISSUE Information:
Our next reading period for the annual issue will be Jan. 1 - May 1, 2021:
Send submissions as a single file attachment to email@example.com. Adanna accepts poetry, short stories, creative non-fiction, short plays, essays, book reviews and interviews. Adanna will also consider artwork for cover art as well as for companion pieces to literary works (including photography, painting, etc focused on the theme of women). Adanna welcomes both National and International submissions in English.
- Please submit only unpublished pieces.
- For poetry submissions, please send no more than 6 poems at a time.
- Please limit prose works to a maximum of 2000 words, no more than one piece in a submission.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted.
- Please notify us as soon as possible of any accepted work.
- Submit in one file as a single document, Word or rtf. No pdf files, please.
- Include contact information on your document and a 3-4 line bio.
- Please note that there is a response time of 8-12 weeks after the submission period closes
- Adanna is a perfect bound print book
All contributors receive a complimentary copy.