ANNUAL ISSUE Information:
Our next reading period for the annual issue will be April 1 - May 31, 2023:
Send submissions as a single file attachment to email@example.com. Adanna accepts poetry, short stories, creative non-fiction, short plays, essays, book reviews and interviews. Adanna will also consider artwork for cover art as well as for companion pieces to literary works (including photography, painting, etc focused on the theme of women). Adanna welcomes both National and International submissions in English.
If you are not familiar with the publication, we recommend that you buy our current issue in PDF format to have a sample of the topics and issues we publish. We are not limited to publishing only female writers but we do ask that all writer's regardless of gender reflect women related themes.
- Please submit only unpublished pieces (online forums are considered published).
- For poetry submissions, please send no more than 6 poems at a time.
- Please limit prose works to a maximum of 2000 words, no more than one piece in a submission.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted.
- Please notify us as soon as possible of any accepted work.
- Submit in one file as a single word document. No pdf files or google docs, please.
- Include contact information on your document and a 3-4 line bio.
- Please note that there is a response time of 8-12 weeks after the submission period closes
- Adanna is a perfect bound print book
- All books are filed with EBSCO after print.
- All rights go back to the author but we do ask if you republish that you credit Adanna.
All U.S. contributors receive a complimentary print copy.
International contributors receive a PDF complimentary copy.