CALL FOR POETRY SUBMISSIONS: Women and Spirituality EditionWomen are often challenged by cultural or religious traditions that minimize their roles in the human expression of spirituality. At the same time, women often rise above these challenges when they creatively engage in giving form to their spiritual experiences, which may or may not be in accordance with traditional religious ideals. We are looking for poems, written by both women and men, that reflect a variety of ways women experience the intersection of spirit and matter, of the supernatural in the natural world.
Past special topic issues have included, How Women Grieve, Women and War, and Women and Food. Submission period is from May 2 – August 2. $10 reading fee payable through check or Paypal. Poets may submit up to a total of 6 poems. If paying by check, please send to P.O. Box 547, Manasquan, NJ 08735 and note the date of submission and include titles of poems submitted. Checks should be made out to Adanna. Please e-mail your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single file word document with a short bio of three to four lines. This edition is limited to 30-40 poems.
ANNUAL ISSUE Information:
The reading period for our annual issue which ran Dec. 1 - May 1 is now closed; Our next reading period for the annual issue will be Dec. 1 - May 1, 2016:
Send submissions as a single file attachment to email@example.com. Adanna accepts poetry, short stories, short plays, essays, book reviews and interviews (please query first on book reviews and interviews), and will consider artwork for cover and back cover only. Adanna welcomes both National and International submissions in English. Adanna is also interested in having available book reviewers to be assigned books. Please submit your resume/CV if you wish to be considered and sample writing (preferably a published book review) but open to those interested in pursuing review.
- Please submit only unpublished pieces.
- For poetry submissions, please send no more than 6 poems at a time.
- Please limit prose works to a maximum of 2000 words, no more than one piece in a submission.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted.
- Please notify us as soon as possible of any accepted work.
- Submit in one file as a single document, Word or rtf. No pdf files, please.
- Include contact information on your document and a 3-4 line bio.
- Please note that there is a response time of 4-8 weeks after the submission period closes.
Adanna is a perfect bound print book publication.
All contributors receive a complimentary copy.