CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Women in Paintings Edition
Adanna is seeking ekphrastic poetry that examines, reflects, or celebrates “Women in Paintings.” We are looking for poems where women are the subject of a painting. The artist may be male or female and poems should expand (go beyond) the visual description of the painting to create a unique point of view about the subject. Judges include award winning poets Laura Freedgood and Priscilla Orr.
Past special topic issues have included, How Women Grieve, Women and War, Women and Food, and our forthcoming edition on Women and Spirituality. Submission period is Aug. 23 – Dec 1. There is a $10 reading fee payable through check or Paypal. Please include your transaction ID # or check # in your cover letter. Poets may submit up to a total of 6 poems. If paying by check, please send to P.O. Box 547, Manasquan, NJ 08735 and note the date of submission and include titles of poems submitted. Checks should be made out to Adanna. Please e-mail your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single file word document with a short bio of three to four lines. This edition is limited to 30-40 poems. Please note there will be a 4-8 week response time after the submission period has closed.
ANNUAL ISSUE Information:
The reading period for our annual issue which ran Dec. 1 - May 1 is now closed; Our next reading period for the annual issue will be Dec. 1 - May 1, 2016:
Send submissions as a single file attachment to email@example.com. Adanna accepts poetry, short stories, short plays, essays, book reviews and interviews (please query first on book reviews and interviews), and will consider artwork for cover and back cover only. Adanna welcomes both National and International submissions in English. Adanna is also interested in having available book reviewers to be assigned books. Please submit your resume/CV if you wish to be considered and sample writing (preferably a published book review) but open to those interested in pursuing review.
- Please submit only unpublished pieces.
- For poetry submissions, please send no more than 6 poems at a time.
- Please limit prose works to a maximum of 2000 words, no more than one piece in a submission.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted.
- Please notify us as soon as possible of any accepted work.
- Submit in one file as a single document, Word or rtf. No pdf files, please.
- Include contact information on your document and a 3-4 line bio.
- Please note that there is a response time of 4-8 weeks after the submission period closes.
Adanna is a perfect bound print book publication.
All contributors receive a complimentary copy.